Jason's blog

Google

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Little bit of this, a dash of that

Hey folks, sorry for not posting anything yesterday. I was traveling in the morning, then was busy catching up with old friends back home. But since all of you are spending time with your own families this weekend, chances are you probably won't even read this for another few days!

Here are a few observations I've made since yesterday...

Airport lines. I arrived at the airport in Baltimore Friday morning and noticed a massive line at the counter. I mean, it was ugly. I already had my boarding pass, but needed to check a bag for my flight. Dreading the never-ending line, I noticed a much smaller one outside at the curbside check-in. Ten minutes and $2 later, I was good to go! Why more people didn't opt for curbside check-in is a mystery.

The hot girl with her parents. Fellas, we've all been there. I was waiting at the gate for my Southwest flight when I spotted this wonderful specimen walking over to the waiting area. Despite the three hours sleep I was going on, I felt I had to atleast say hello or something. Maybe offer to help with her bags? "My, that's a nice, uh, bag you have there." As I am pondering my move, I noticed she was with two people ... two older people. Damnit! Her parents! She sat right next to her father, took out her Washington Post, and started reading. So I am sitting about 10 feet away, dying to talk to this girl, and I couldn't do a thing.

The not-so-hot girl in my row. I secured a great window seat in row 4. I kept my eye on the front of plane as the other passengers boarded, hoping that hot girl with her parents would sit next to me. Unfortunately, that didn't work out so well. A not-so-hot girl became my neighbor on the brief flight to Manchester, NH, and I was stuck wondering what the flight could have been like.

The kid behind me. The small child sitting behind me with her parents, constantly kicking, kneeing, and elbowing the back of my seat throughout the flight. She also grabbed my arm at one point, reaching between the window and my seat. It took everything I had to not stand up and let her parents have it after 30 minutes of this.

xbox 360. For those of you that read my post a few days ago about the long line at Best Buy for the xbox 360 game system, this is for you. My buddy Chris Forsberg picked one up this week so the two of us played Tiger Woods golf on it yesterday. I must say, now I know why those lunatics were camped out overnight waiting for this thing. The graphics were amazing and I was sold. By the way, check out Forsberg's sports stories in the Boston Globe and the Sentinel and Enterprise here: http://news.google.com/news?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22Chris+Forsberg%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&tab=wn&scoring=d

Merry Christmas everyone.

-Jason

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

sounds like quite an adventure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home