Jason's blog

Google

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Caving in

It was announced today that the New England Patriots are ripping up their grass playing field and installing a synthetic playing surface. What???? Did I read this correctly??

I am against this for so many reasons. I just sent an email to a friend about it, so I'll paste that text below. A Giants fan, he cannot understand my anger towards this issue. And he does not agree with me about my thoughts that the NFL wanted to the Pats to switch.


This was in the story ...

"Late in the 2003 season the NFL ordered the Patriots to re-sod the area between the hashmarks before New England hosted the Tennessee Titans in a divisional playoff game."

I remember this. The NFL ORDERED the Pats to lay down new sod in a few areas so the field would look good for TV. I am convinced the Colts complained to the league the way they did after the 2001-02 season -- remember they bitched about the Pats playing their girly little receivers too rough? And the NFL instituted a new rule after that. All the more reason to hate the Colts and their fraud quarterback.

And, hmm ... funny how this one works out ... the first game with the new turf is against the Bears. It will be on national TV (time was switched to 4:15 from 1) and the NFL knows there will be a big viewing audience for the matchup. If the Pats' field is torn up and nothing short of pristine, that would be bad, right? Give me a break.

Going back to the grounds crew, how could the field have gotten so bad for the Jets game??? That sod had only been played on once. The head groundskeeper should have been erased -- not the grass. Now we're playing on a freeking carpet.

The part of football I love is seeing the players' uniforms all dirty and grass stained. I don't know, that just makes me appreciate the game more. Football is a blue collar sport and now we're gonna leave the field without a speck of dirt on our jerseys.


I would like to hear your thoughts on this issue folks. Keep those comments coming.

-Jason

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I saw this too and figured there was no way they did this on their own.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Jas, I am too tired to comment because the baby got four shots yesterday and I cant keep my eyeballs open. But I will comment on the next issue. Love you.
Cousin Emy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home