Jason's blog

Google

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Did he really just say that?

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."


The quote above is the reason why I am bringing this blog back to life.

Unless you have been hiding in a cave somewhere or living in the middle of Nowhere, USA, you are familiar with that quote and the anti-U.S. military moron who said it. That's right, John Kerry. The man who almost became president of our great nation.

The senator from Massachusetts, as I will call him from now on because I nearly throw up every time I say his name, claims his comments were a "botched joke." Perhaps, but it is too late to save this sinking ship. Democrats campaigning for election immediately told the senator from Massachusetts not to attend their rallies this week, and the senator cancelled a handful of his own appearances.

As an American, I am offended. Taken for what it is, this comment says that if a person is not smart enough to attend college or simply do well in high school, he or she will end up in the military. OUR military. The greatest military on the face of this earth. I am so proud of every man and woman who serves us, doing their part to keep us safe and creating a better world for everyone.

Whenever I see a member of our Armed Forces, I thank them for what they do. Just the other day, I was with my family near the finish line of the Marine Corps Marathon in Arlington, Va. (they were in town for a weekend visit). I asked a young marine for directions and after we briefly spoke, I said, "Thank you sir. Thank you for serving."

American military personnel make an enormous sacrifice. And many of them are college graduates, Mr. senator from Massachusetts. We have the best and brightest fighting force in the world and I would rather go into battle with just ONE marine rather than with every democrat in Congress. The Marine would watch my six, while the left-wing nuts would cut and run.

But enough of my view. Let's see what the senator from Massachusetts has been saying since he uttered those despicable words ...

"If anyone thinks that a veteran, someone like me, who's been fighting my entire career to provide for veterans, to fight for their benefits, to help honor what their service is, if anybody thinks that a veteran would somehow criticize more than 140,000 troops serving in Iraq and not the president and his people who put them there, they're crazy."

That's a lie because ever since he returned from Vietnam, the senator from Massachusetts has been slamming our military -- from testifying in front of Congress about what he "saw" in 'Nam to making ludicrous claims of U.S. troops "terrorizing" Iraqis in the dead of night as they slept. Pathetic.


"I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me."

A "stuffed suit White House mouthpiece?" (Tony Snow). A "doughy Rush Limbaugh?" So now you have to make personal attacks against the people who are simply telling the truth about your flip-flopping record? Classy. Real classy. Why don't you just go back to Massachusetts and live in the posh townhouse you bought with your wife's money.


Arizona Senator John McCain, a liberal republican, said that the senator from Massachusetts should issue an apology (prior to his issuing of the non-apology apology). The senator from Massachusetts' response:

"[McCain] ought to ask for an apology from Donald Rumsfeld for the mistakes he's made. John McCain should ask for an apology for not sending enough troops [to Iraq]."

Look, I do not agree with many of McCain's recent decisions and his firm stance against ANY kind of harsh interrogation practices, but this man was a prisoner of war for over five years. He served our country far more than the senator from Massachusetts ever did.


The senator from Massachusetts. Nancy Pelosi. Hillary "Rotten" Clinton (Dr. Levin's name for her). Harry Reid. Do we really want these people in a position of power?

If you know what is good for you, what is good for this country, you will cast your vote next Tuesday for the REAL Americans. Not those phony ones.

It's good to be back. Please leave a comment.
-Jason

6 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you Jas how much I love Bill Clinton? :)

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger MissRebecca said...

HEY YOU POLITICAL FOOOOL:) It is Beck IN THE HOUSE:) Glad your back - we miss you sweets!!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness I thought you were dead! Nice to start hearing back from you:)

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jas,

Good to hear from you again.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Missed you Jas! Second that Stephanie, I thought you were dead too, the only reason I knew you were still alive was because I talked to your sisters and parents!

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you documented all this Jason. The fact that the GOP had so little to offer America in 2006 that they had to dredge up the guy from 2004 and try to make him "news" again demonstrates why they lost so bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home