Jason's blog

Google

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blockheads, flu shots and a book called [Insert title here]

Picked up pieces while trying to figure out the plot for my first novel ...

Christmas time is here. Happiness is here. (sang in my best Charlie Brown-choral voice)

Yes folks, it's true. Christmas is almost here. Can you believe it? The year 2007 is almost upon us. Let's hope this country keeps moving forward and the newly-elected Democratic Congress can work with our great president to make everyone safe.

Has anyone read any good books lately? I've been on a book craze since earlier this year and I find myself getting through one novel every two weeks or so (sometimes even faster!). I am now reading a non-fiction work called "Nightmover." It details the life of Aldrich Ames, an ex-CIA officer who became an informant for the KGB. He was the Russian intelligence agency's highest paid American spy in history, bringing in about $4.6 million during the 1980s and '90s. Good Lord. Now he is rotting in a prison somewhere.

So I got a flu shot two weeks ago. Yup, sure did. I felt a little out of place when I looked around the room and saw people twice my age waiting in line, but I digress. Let's just hope this thing is worth the $23 I spent on it. I was bedridden three times last winter (that's no typo) with a high fever (100+) and an awful cold. It was either suffer through that again or get injected with what I was told was a dead influenza virus. The jury is still out on that one.

Can someone tell me how the Boston Bruins are 14-12 and in last place in the Northeast Division of the Eastern Conference? That continues to baffle and frustrate the hell out of me. And the B's were dealt a setback when it was announced that rookie Phil Kessel underwent cancer surgery yesterday. His health issues aside, can't this team get a break? We pulled it together after a horrendous start but now our top prospect is out indefinitely. Jeez.

The more books I read, the more I get excited about writing one of my own. And having spent five months in a police academy, you probably know what it will be about. I have three or four ideas for plots and when I have some free time over Christmas, I plan on putting some of those ideas on paper and getting started. Once I start writing, I will post snippets in this space in order to hear some feedback.


That's all I got.

-Jason

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

bedridden three times. Wow. As a guy that hasn't had a cold in three years...stay away from me...(smile)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Andy Cuneo said...

Wow...what a brain dump there! :-) I cannot believe the Bruins are in last either but they areally aren't that good of a team. it will be another two years before they can really compete...assuming everyone sticks around

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Well Jas, i'm glad you are back. I think about writing a book too, we'll see who makes it to the New York Times Best Seller's list first. Anyways, miss you, see you in a few weeks, don't forget my birthday next week moron, i expect a phone call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home