Jason's blog

Google

Monday, January 09, 2006

Poker

I was watching the 2004 World Series of Poker on ESPN2 last night. Anyone watch that? It's hard to miss because it seems that EVERY cable station airs Texas Hold'em tournaments.

I actually find this pretty cool to watch. I don't make it a habit of playing poker; in fact, I haven't played for a few years. While at Northeastern in 2000-2001, my roommates and I would get together once a week or so and play Texas Hold'em. We had fun with it. I also played with a few guys nearly two years ago, but I haven't muttered the words, "flop" "turn" or "river" since then.

Occasionally I would stop channel surfing and watch no-limit Hold'em for a few minutes here and there, but I usually found it to be quite boring. Who wants to watch a bunch of guys play cards for hours on end? Is that entertaining?

But last night was different. I was drawn into this and couldn't stop watching it. I was so inspired by this, I actually logged onto partypoker.com, set up an account, and played cards until the wee hours of the morning! Don't worry folks, I was playing with play money.

I am curious, do any of you guys watch or play poker? Leave me a comment. If you're from Session 47, make sure you read the post below this one.

-Jason

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is that so addictive!?!? I love watching it! Its one of my guilty pleasures.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home