Jason's blog

Google

Monday, January 23, 2006

The driving range

What a strange "winter" it has been down here in the Mid-Atlantic state of Maryland. First it was cold, then it snowed in December, then it got warmer, and last week the mercury almost hit 70 degrees! Twice!

One of those warm days happened to be Saturday, the day after my birthday. So what did I do in the glorious weather you ask? Two things should come to mind: golfing or fishing. But since the fishing isn't great this time of year, I decided to break out the clubs and hit the range!

What a great feeling it was indeed. I had not swung a club since last August so I was DYING to get back into it. I was expecting my swing to look like more of a rusty gate than a fluid golf motion, but I actually came away feeling pretty good about how things went. Started out by hitting some half wedges, then some full wedges. Once I was warmed up, I moved up to the 7-iron. Ahh yes. The old 7-iron. If you took a poll of 100 golfers, I'll bet atleast 90 of them would say their 7-iron is their favorite (and most trustworthy) club in the bag.

I hit the 7-iron so well that I moved up to the driver, which was better than expected. Some 5-woods off the deck followed that, and I capped off the 1-hour practice session with some short game work. Dialing in on a flag 45 yards out, I hit about 25 balls with my sand wedge and I gotta tell ya, I was all over that target like stink on a bull! That was a good feeling.

Why am I telling you this? Beats the heck outta me. Maybe because nothing funny has happened to me this week? I gotta fill the space with something, ya know? All I am saying is that I am absolutely PSYCHED to play golf this season. I am making a promise to myself to break 80, which I have yet to do. There have been many close calls, but close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades.

By the way, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes the other day.

-Jason

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad...I forgot to wish you a happy birthday....

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home