Jason's blog

Google

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The greatest show on TV

I can't believe it has been five days since my last blog! I guess you can blame it on me being sick the past few days (100.6 degree fever on Sunday) and the fact that I have been super busy looking for another place to live.

I was thinking about what to write about earlier and I had a million ideas. The Patriots' loss on Saturday night? My arch-enemy Peyton Manning and his latest playoff loss (YEAH!)? How about sounding educated for once and writing a political blog? Nope. Not so much. Fogetaboutit.

I have one number for you: 24.

I am not a fan of all the countless shows that Fox has to offer, but "24" is on the top of my list as my favorite show ... aside from Seinfeld of course. After missing the first few seasons due to lack of interest, I watched the premiere of last season's show and I was hooked after the opening 5 minutes. Seriously.

But I was not just an ordinary fan; I was psychotic. I would plan my entire Monday around "24." I had a routine 9-5 job then, so I would make sure I went to the gym, had dinner, and checked my email before the show began. I was nuts. I always sat in the same exact place on the loveseat in my parents' house, usually had the dog at my feet, and almost always had a frosty beverage next to me. I was crazy. And I loved it.

As for last season's show, it was amazing. I wasn't too happy with the ending (Jack faking his death so he could stay out of prison), but I knew the geniuses at Fox would come up with another masterful plot for the 2006 show. And after the first four hours, it looks like they have done it again.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the two-hour premiere Sunday night because I was at work. And since I don't have DVR or a VCR, I was forced to miss my favorite show. It killed me, but I logged onto the website Monday to read what had happened. I watched the final two hours of the premiere Monday night and I must say, those people at Fox do some fine work. Every minute of this show is edgy, riveting, and nerveracking. I usually end up pacing back and forth during the commercials because I can't wait until it comes back (I really do!!!).

Aside from being able to watch the show after the between-seasons break, the best part about this whole thing is that a non-24 person I know is now hooked!!! Andy Cuneo, whose blog you can click on under my links section, called me tonight and told me he was on the edge of his seat the entire time. I was like, "No kidding! I only told you that EVERY Monday night last year."

When my phone rings during "24" and it's not a fellow 24-ite, I don't answer it. And when the episode is over, I can't wait to call someone to talk about what had happened! It's just that good.

To anyone who hasn't seen the first four hours of this season's "24," you can still join the party while it's still early. A lot has happened, but you can catch up by clicking here: http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/. Every episode that has aired is broken down.

I think I'll write a review of each show starting next week. I am just so happy "24" is back after what felt like an eternity!!!

-Jason

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of 24, however I am just as diehard as you about The Shield. Michael Chiklis is awesome!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Seahawks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home