Jason's blog

Google

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Notes

Not feeling too creative today, so here is a notes column. Enjoy.

-I've spent the past two days looking for a place to live because I am moving out of my current apartment effective Feb. 1. I responded to a bunch of ads last night and this morning, and I've already gotten a lot of responses back! My goal is to have something within 7 days. But since I am breaking my lease early, I have to find someone to live in this place to avoid paying rent for the rest of my lease term (through July). I posted a message on craigslist.org a few hours ago and already have received two emails about it!

-Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was ejected from the 'Skins playoff game last Saturday for spitting in another player's face. What did the NFL give him for a punishment? A mere $17,000 fine ... but no suspension. The lack of a suspension no doubt has to do with the fact that we are in the postseason. The NFL probably figured that it would hurt more to lose a player over a disciplinary issue in the playoffs, rather than simply levying a fine on him and letting the thug play. To me, this is preposterous. Spitting at an opponent is the single worst thing any player of any sport can do. It is vile, demeaning, and disgusting. I wish the NFL had the 'nads to suspend Taylor. This is also not the first time he has been in trouble. Aside from some other on-field issues, this second-year player is currently facing trial in Miami for a felony assault case. It is scumbags like this one that ruin the face of sports.

-Remember that pineapple I bought last week (see "A trip to the grocery store" below)? I decided to break it out the other night. After a makeshift job at removing the skin, I cut some chunks off and taste-tested them. And I gotta tell you, they were pretty freekin good. There is nothing like fresh fruit.

-I noticed AMC is having a James Bond marathon. Sweet!!! I could watch those old Bond movies over and over again and not get tired of them. I watched "Dr. No" the other night, followed by "You only live twice." Last night before going to bed, I watched about 30 minutes of "The man with the golden gun," and tonight I caught part of "Goldfinger." Those films are like a drug to me.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jas
Tooo cool to return my phone calls? Just Kidding, sounds like you are pretty freeken busy these days-thats good. Moving into a new place and getting roomates willl be a good experience for you. And, did you happen to put pictures up with your Craigs List add? When I was looking for places, I always went to the ones that had pictures first. Maybe get a good snap-shot of that sketchy weird spanish guy who stands out front and speaks little to no english. If you ask me, that would only help you!! ha- Hope everything else is going well. Talk to you soon Moron. Miss You

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Emily said...

A james bond marathon, huh? Almost as cool as a Star Wars marathon!
Love you!
Emy
Did you get my email about the uncle Bob calendars?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home