Jason's blog

Google

Friday, January 27, 2006

More on my obsession

I met a girl at the bar last night. I actually met her a few weeks ago, but she came back again last night so we hung out and talked for a while. I called her up today and we set up a dinner date for Monday night.

That's good huh? The brain behind Jason's Blog has a date. But I made a stipulation to her ... I told her that I HAVE to watch "24" on Monday night after our meal. I said that I never miss any part of any of the episodes and that we would have to watch it together! Thankfully, she told me last night that she also watches "24," so we're covered. Apparently her roommate is also obsessed like me, so we're going to sit down and watch Jack Bauer be his superhero self (click here for more on this: http://cnotesspeaks.blogspot.com/2006/01/evolution-of-superhero.html.

This brings up a legitimate question though. Have I let this show control my life? I mean, I just met this girl and I am giving her the impression that watching "24" is the most important part of every Monday night! Well you know what? I will say this ... I let it control my Mondays last season and I'll be damned if I go a Monday without missing this season's show!! My fellow 24-ites can relate to this.

My boss actually bought seasons 1-4 recently and he has been watching them at work in his office ... he sits down and watches like 5-6 hours of "24" at a time, takes a quick break, and goes to the next hour! THAT is dedication. One month ago, he had never seen the show. Now he is on season 4 and into it just as much as I am.

So here's to Jack Bauer and the crew controlling our every Monday!

-Jason

4 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the mood for a Fish sandwich.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I guess I'll have to tune into this show one night to see what all the hype is about...

Personally, I'm a Nip Tuck fan...

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you spchrist...that show is so messed up you can't help but love it!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I am obsessed in the same way with Grey's Anatomy, I literally have a panic attack if I know that a football game is running late and that Desperate Housewives might run into it and then its cut.... You know I just realized that I have no show to obsess about on Mondays, I have Scrubs on Tuesday, Lost on Wednesday, Nip/Tuck on Thursdays... Maybe I should take on Mondays and 24. Tivo'd of course.
Jason, you really need to get Tivo or DVR, that way you wont have to worry about missing any show, ever! It kind of runs our lives in this house.
Hey, props to your boy Kiefer, he landed a SAG award for his "stunning potrayal of Jack Bauer, running against the clock" Best Actor in Drama. I am sure you would be pleased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home