Jason's blog

Google

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Where do I begin?

Hey folks. Well, the staff of Jason's Blog has a new home. We packed up all our gear and moved to a townhouse in Sterling, Va. I have two housemates now and I am excited to be here! Better place to live, A LOT less rent, and when I become a Virginia resident on the books, I can take advantage of the concealed weapon law!

I have So Much to Say right now it's ridiculous. Moving stories, new house stories, even a tale about me, some dude, and a bit of road rage. Good times. So without sending you further down the path of boredom, here's a bit about the past few days ...

Thankfully I had Friday night off, so I packed up my stuff and cleaned the apartment until 2 a.m. After seeing the job I did on the bathroom, my mother would have been proud. I could almost see my reflection in the shower tile! I had a huge computer desk, but that is now sitting in a dumpster somewhere. As I tried to move it out of my room, one of the side panels ripped out and it was rendered useless. I am not too upset though because it honestly would not have fit out of that awkwardly-angled doorway. I now find myself sitting on the floor, keyboard in lap, mouse, CPU, and monitor on my TV stand. Yeah, I am ghetto.

The move on Saturday went pleasantly well. No issues, returned the uhaul on time. You know what I hate about uhaul? They advertise the price as $19.99/day. But that is what you pay if you rent the truck, let it sit in the parking lot, and return the keys before the allotted six hours are up. After I drove 80 miles roundtrip, put $13 of gas in the tank, and paid for Lord knows what else, I was out $147.85. What happened to the $19.99 that I see on the side of those trucks?

Have you ever been in the shower when all of a sudden the hot water magically disappears? Before work last night I jumped in the shower. Well, it was more of a step than a jump. My shower routine is soap, face, shampoo, always in that order. I remember washing my hair first once and I was all confused. But I digress. I was at the face stage last night when the hot water was out. Nothing at all. For the next five minutes, I hopped back and forth into the ice-cold stream to wash my face and hair. It was an experience.

If you've made it this far, congratulations. I have managed to keep atleast one reader on this space. For the rest of this story, please turn to page A18.

I almost died on the way to work last night. That might be a tad of an exaggeration, but I was almost sideswiped by some moron. I pulled onto Rt. 28 and I saw this car coming up behind me getting closer. And closer. And closer. Have you ever been pulled over by the Mass. State Police? They practically drive into your front seat as they call in your tag. This guy was that close to me.

I tapped my brakes a few times, just to let him know I saw him and that I didn't like his tailgating attitude. He backed off, got into the left lane (I was in the middle), and started passing me. Just before his rear bumper was past my nose, he cut right in front of me into my lane!!! I laid on the horn, turned on my high beams (not flashed ... turned them ON), and let this guy have it. If I had not slammed on my brakes he would have hit me. He sped away and although there was a part of me that wanted to follow him and continue this game, I figured it wasn't worth it.

Welcome to Virginia I guess.

-Jason
p.s. Did you see the Dave Matthews Band reference in this post? No? Keep looking.

5 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First one to get DMB reference ...

"So much to say "

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're such a dork :)

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

D-man you are a riot...reminds me of the IHOP adventures with Forsberg after deadline.

 
At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the new trend? Move further and further from Massachusetts?

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Welcome to the commonwealth of Virginia cousin... I have kept this a secret for a long time but I just want to let you know what I have learned from living in Williamsburg for 13 years. No offense Andy!
Die-hard Virginians are the same way about the Civil War as the Bostonians are about the Sox. We NEVER let it go. Many are still fighting the fight... along side the voices in their heads.
Since it is considered at commonwealth, you can pay much less or much more for a speeding ticket...
The worst of the worst...since you are from up North you are considered (gasp) and "yankee". I think you need to know this before someone calls you that and you become enraged and try to kill them.
Just thought I would impart a little wisdom on a bunch of stuff you already probably know!
Welcome to Virginia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home