Jason's blog

Google

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cindy [bleepin] Sheehan

You know, I feel bad for Cindy Sheehan because she lost her son. I really do. But she is dragging his good name in the mud and I am sick of it. This woman stalked President Bush when he was in Texas last summer and she has been relentless ever since. When she was arrested for demonstrating without a permit in front of the White House a few months back, she was laughing and smiling the whole time. Is this all a big joke to her? I can't stand her. I wish she would just go away and never rear her ugly (and I mean ugly) face again.

I respect everyone's First Amendment right to free speech, but you can't expect to attend the State of the Union and be a complete idiot. The US Capitol Police have said that no protesting of any kind is allowed inside, and political slogans like the one on her t-shirt are not allowed. This woman admitted that she was going to take her coat off and let the TV cameras see her shirt, so she has confessed to committing a crime.

I am glad she was hauled out of there because she has no business whatsoever being at the State of the Union. I had to listen to the speech on the radio in my car, but I was clapping and cheering out loud when the President introduced the family of the slain US soldier. The applause lasted quite a while and it made me incredibly proud to be an American. This person died for my freedom and the freedom of others.

That's exactly what Cindy Sheehan's son did, but his mother has ruined his name. He enlisted in the military and was happily serving this country and its great president. It was HIS CHOICE, not Cindy's. I feel awful that he was not able to come back alive, but that happens when you are at war. To constantly say that the president killed her son and to call Dubyah "the biggest terrorist in the world" is absurd and it angers me to no end.

This woman needs to give it up and move on.

-Jason

6 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe she's not going about it in the right way, but the woman is a grieving mother, desperately trying to fight a power she knows she'll never win over. At least she's doing a good enough job to get into your blog :) Raises awareness, if anything else...right?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey, Happy Groundhog Day!
Just thought I would randomly throw that into the mix.
And for the record, I agree with Stephanie, I cant even imagine losing a child. Everyone deals in different ways.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I just think that she has gone past the grieving mother role. Now she is usung the death of her son to force her own beliefs on everyone else. Like I said, his name is being dragged through the mud!

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Cindy ever came into my local fast food place while I was attempting to buy I Fish sandwich, I'd have her kicked out by the cops!!!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Jas - it is time to move on with her life....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home