Jason's blog

Google

Saturday, February 18, 2006

DC or New England?

I am confused. Have been since December.

What is going on with the weather here in the DC area? Thursday was 65 degrees, Friday was 50, and today, according to weather.com, is down to 33. Two weeks ago we had two-straight days of 60+ degrees. Then we had the Nor'easter last weekend that dropped a foot in the region.

I don't get it.

Being from New England, I am used to up-and-down weather patterns. Aside from a tornado, I've seen everything that Mother Nature has to throw at us. But I thought this kind of strange weather only happened in the Land of the Red Sox.

Apparently I was wrong. I've been battling a nasty cold/fever since early December and I know it is due to the atmospheric issues we've faced here in the mid-Atlantic Region. That, and the fact I am in a smoke-filled bar four nights a week. Or maybe because my sleeping schedule is in complete disarray. But I digress.

I went for a 3-mile run two days ago when the mercury was near 70, but today I am leary about the 30-second walk from my front door to my car. Yeah, it's that cold. Whatever happened to the four seasons? Remember? Spring, summer, fall, winter. I can deal with the cold weather if it stays cold for a few months. But when we have highs and lows comparable to a certain ex-girlfriend of mine, I don't know what to think. I just wish I could get rid of the weather like I got rid of her! OOOHH-RAAHH!!!

That's my rant on the weather. I am going to the gym in a few minutes, so wish me luck in getting to my car without losing a few toes to frostbite.

-Jason

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're feeling your pain up here in New England, too. Its been crazy weather, one day almost 50-55 degrees, next day, Nor'easter. So much fun.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aside from a tornado, I've seen everything that Mother Nature has to throw at us.

Yes, my tsunami that tore apart Gloucester in '83 was a mess. Oh, and the great flood of '92. Who can forget that?

Maybe you haven't quite seen everything that I can throw at you. But keep it up and I'll create some winds that will send a flock of locust towards D.C. quicker than you can say, "That Mother Nature is one angry cat!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home