Jason's blog

Google

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A tall decaf with cinnamon

Time for another notes column. So many things to talk about, not enough space.

-I have a new enemy: the IRS. I worked on my taxes this evening and realized I owe both the federal government and the state of Maryland a ridiculous amount of money. I checked and re-checked my calculations but could not find anything wrong. No idea how this could happen. I think I'll wait a few more weeks, take my stuff to a tax professional, and have them figure it out.

-Since doing away with both cream and sugar in my coffee a few years back, I've been drinking it black. But I now have a new condiment for my java; cinnamon. I love it. And it is supposedly good for you. Supposed to prevent diabetes or something. All I know is that after dumping a few pounds of it in my tall decaf at Starbucks, I feel like a million bucks. Did I say pounds? I meant tons.

-Do you know who I can't stand? Besides the above-mentioned tax Nazis? The guy at the gym who carries around a gallon of water. We've all seen him. The muscle-bound dude who constantly looks in the mirror at himself, wears straps on his hands while lifting, and whose biceps are as big around as my thigh. Yeah, that guy. I was at the gym tonight and saw said guy walking around, toting his gallon jug. Why not be a normal person and bring a 12-ounce bottle of H2O? Why do you have to stand out like that?

-Is there a song better than Journey's "Don't Stop Believin?" When I'm at a bar or in a crowd of people having a good time, there is no better tune that gets me cranked up. "Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world ..."

-I am thinking about making a list of my best columns on this site, so I need some help. Leave me a comment with some of your favorite posts (if you have any!) and I'll link them up on the main page. To you newcomers, feel free to check out the archives.

-Jason

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I vote for the Damon move to the Yanks, the subreferences were top-notch.
Interesting coffee choice, never had coffee before but that makes it sound drinkable.
Hit the second trimester next week, THANK GOD. This baby is a spitfire already, definately a Devaney.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy said: I myself am a rather large Journey fan.

The first step in weight loss is admitting you have a problem. Come to Globo Gym and we'll help you trim away those unwanted pounds.

At Globo Gym we understand that "ugliness" and "fatness" are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Valentine's Day one and also the Police blog!! It was hard to pick though Jas because I have to hand it to you, they are all freakin wicked good dude!! Ohhh...I like it!!

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on the "gallon o' water guy". This type of guy definitely pisses me off. Is this much water really a necessity?? I mean most gyms do have water fountins that you can REFILL your 12 oz bottle with. And the best part? IT'S FREE!

I think gyms should be checking the size of your water bottle at the front desk! Anything over 12 oz. is not allowed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home